Reschedule, Cancellation, Refund and Fine Policy
LAST UPDATED: 16th day of December 2019
This Roomly Reschedule, Cancellation and Refund Policy (“Policy”) covers all reschedule of booking, cancellations of booking or refunds for Fees paid on the Platform. Both Guests and Hosts agree that they are subject to and will comply with the terms, conditions, and procedures of this Policy when rescheduling or cancelling a Booking. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us.
Every Booking is upon the Host’s commitment to make such Space available to the Guest who has paid upfront upon confirmation of any such Bookings made. In situations where a Guest or a Host cancels a Booking, it will cost the other side inconvenient including but not limited to planning, logistic, and even financial loses. Nonetheless, plans may change, requiring Guests or Hosts to cancel Bookings at occasions.
Roomly may issue payments to Hosts, withhold refunds to Guests, or collect cancellation Fees from Hosts in accordance with this Policy.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy for any reason and at any given time; notifications of the updated version will be uploaded onto our website.
For booking pre Host acceptance, there will be no cancellation charge that includes the Processing Fee and a proportion of the price paid for the Booking (collectively a “Cancellation Fee”).
Booking Cool Down Period
Roomly may offers up to 48 hours Booking Cool Down Period (“Cool Down Period”) to Guest after the Host accepts the Booking, the payment will be processed with the Guest’s payment method after the Cool Down Period. If there is any Cool Down Period, the exact payment processing time will be stated in the Website, upon Booking and on My Booking page. If cancellation is submitted before the Cool Down Period ended, there will be no Cancellation Fee.
Where approved by Roomly, a Guest or Host may have an opportunity to reschedule that Booking. Any rescheduled Bookings must be:
- For substantially the same duration as the original Booking, according to the Host’s approval;
- Confirmed prior to the original Start Time;
- Rescheduled for a time within 90 days of the original Start Time; and
- Only rescheduled once.
Any successive rescheduled Bookings are:
- Non-refundable once confirmed;
- May be subject to an additional Processing Fee payable to Roomly.
Any successive rescheduling attempts or failure to successfully reschedule a Booking within the conditions above will result in a cancellation of the Booking, subject to the Cancellation Fees or Fines identified in this Policy, depending on the initiating party.
Roomly may issue Fines on Hosts for cancellations and may :
- deduct or debit any Fines from amounts that would otherwise be payable, or invoice such Fines to be paid within seven (7) days. Any Host-initiated cancellations will be fully refunded to the Guest (including any Fees paid).
- The Host cancelling the Booking will be responsible for tangible costs incurred by Roomly or the Guest associated with any cancellation, and any scheduled payouts for that Booking will be cancelled.
Fines for Host Initiated Cancellations
Confirmed Bookings that are cancelled in whole or part by a Host are subject to the following:
- A Host may cancel 1 confirmed Booking within a 12 months period without penalty excluding those costs incurred by Roomly or the Guest associated with that cancellation;
- Additional cancelled Bookings will result in a Fine of the greater of RM100 or 15% of the total Booking cost. This Fine may be either charged to a payment method linked to your account or deducted or debited from any amounts otherwise payable to you; and
- Multiple Cancellations of bookings within a 12 months period may result in delisting or modifying the description of your Space to include publicly available information about previous cancellations, or suspension or termination of your Account.
In our discretion, we may waive Fines for Host-initiated cancellations under the following circumstances:
- Accidental acceptance of a Booking cancelled within 2 hours of confirmation;
- Guests providing false or misleading information in Booking request;
- Guests suggesting their use of a Space in a manner inconsistent with the Description, the Booking Agreement, or other limitations agreed upon between the Guest and Host;
- Inappropriate or illegal activity taking place during a Booking;
- Any excused cancellations.
Roomly may decide, in its sole discretion, that it is necessary or desirable to cancel a confirmed Booking and issue a full or partial refund to a Guest for:
- An Excused Cancellation;
- The removal of a Host or Space from the Platform prior to the Start Time;
- Any actual or potential illegal or unauthorized activity;
- Risk of harm or safety concerns;
- Failure to provide proof of insurance, including event or film production insurance, when requested by Roomly;
- Any violations the Community Guidelines; or
- Any other reason.
Where Roomly initiates a cancellation, any refunds or pay-outs will vary depending on the circumstances that prompted the cancellation. You understand and agree that neither Roomly nor any of the other parties to the cancelled Booking shall have any liability or obligation for any such Roomly-initiated cancellations.
In rare instances, it may be necessary to cancel a confirmed Booking due to extenuating circumstances under short notice for one of the situations identified below (“Excused Cancellation”):
- Unexpected death or serious illness of a Host, a Guest, or immediate family member of either;
- Serious injury that directly restricts a Guest’s ability to travel or a Host’s ability to provide the Booked Space;
- Significant natural disasters or severe weather incidents triggering a state of emergency that directly impact use of a Space or the Guest’s ability to travel to the Space;
- Urgent travel restrictions or severe security advisories issued after the time of Booking, by an appropriate government office or agency;
- Severe property damage or unforeseen maintenance issues that directly impact the safe use of the Space; or
- Legal, municipality, or utility injunction or order that directly restricts use of or access to a Space.
Roomly may require Guests or Hosts to provide supporting evidence in the event of such Excused Cancellation claims. Where approved, the Booking Fees will be refunded in full to the Guest and no pay-out will be sent to the Host without Cancellation Fees or Fines.
How to Cancel a Booking
To cancel a Booking you must submit a request to cancel using the “Cancel Booking” designations on the Platform (mobile app or website). Cancellation requests cannot be submitted through messages, phone calls, chats, or emails to Roomly. If you are unable to locate the Cancel Booking icons on the Platform, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted cancellation requests may be delayed up to 2 working day to allow either party to reconfirm, reschedule, or finalize the cancellation. After such period, the cancellation will be finalized.
All cancellations must be submitted through the Platform and not through other means of communications as an email, or phone call. After payment of the Booking is processed, Cancellation may incur a Cancellation Fee as follows:
Refunds to Guests will be applied after the cancellation is finalised. If a Host receives a new Booking for the Space at the same time as the cancelled Booking, Roomly may elect to return all or a portion of the pay-out otherwise payable to the Host as part of the cancellation back to the Guest. Where Guests cancels a portion of a multi-day Booking, the Fees and refunds will only apply to the specific dates cancelled.
Fines for Damages and Other Circumstances.
While we try to avoid these situations, occasionally the terms or expectations of a Booking are not met and Fines may be owed by a Guest. This may be caused by damage to or misuse of a Space or Amenities, excess garbage left at a Space, violations of the Booking Agreement or the Community Guidelines, insufficient funds or unauthorized use of a payment account, or other claims. Where any Fines are owed, guest agree that Roomly may immediately charge any payment method linked to your Account.
All cancellations must be submitted through the Platform and not through other means of communications as an email, or phone call. After payment of the Booking is processed, the Booking Deposit will be fully refunded, if any of the following circumstances happen on Check-in Date.
- The Relevant Accommodation is unsanitary and unfit for human habitation.
- The condition of the Space does not match with the listing’s information, photos or description as listed on Roomly Platform at the time of the Booking Request.
- The room type of the Space is not what was booked and listed in the relevant Listing.
- The location of the Space is not what was stated at the time of the Booking Request.
- The Host cancels the confirmed booking on or before the Check-in Date.
- The Host refuses to allow the User to checkin on the checkin date.
Refunds to Guests will be applied after the cancellation is finalised.
Forfeiture of Booking Deposit
The Tenant’s Booking Deposit will be fully forfeited if any of the following circumstances happen:
- The Tenant fails, neglects or omits to check-in on the Check-in Date unless otherwise agreed by the Host to Check-in on another date;
- At Check-in, the Tenant and the Tenant’s details do not match the information given to the Host at the time of the Booking Request;
- The Tenant refuses to show or provide his/her NRIC or Passport for verification purposes at the time of check-in;
- At Check-in, the Tenant fails or refuses to pay the relevant security deposit and utility deposit as listed on the Listing at the time of the Booking Request unless otherwise agreed by the Host to be paid later;