LAST UPDATED: 16th day of December 2019
In order to maintain Roomly as a healthy & fair platform, we would require all users to showcase their Residential or Commercial Space ("Space"), plan their stays, plan their events, use the Space, and interact with other users in a friendly, respectful and professional manner.
We rely on you to follow these guidelines to ensure the safety and well-being of all Roomly users, including yourself, when posting Content, communicating with other users, using Spaces, and making or accepting payments. These guidelines are a non-exhaustive list intended to give assurance to all our users. These Guidelines are part of and use words and phrases defined in the Roomly's Term of Use. If you have any questions about these Guidelines or if you believe that a user has violated these Guidelines, please do not hesitate to Contact us at hello@Roomly.
Roomly take violations of these Community Guidelines ("Guidelines") seriously and may suspend or terminate an Account for ongoing or serious violations. We may also moderate, remove, or modify any Content that violates these the Guidelines or if we believe it adversely affects the integrity of Roomly or other users. We also may add and remove elements of the Guidelines over time by posting an updated version to our platform.
To use of Roomly Platform and Services, you acknowledge that you are agreeable to the Guidelines, and Roomly's Term of Use. Please read them carefully.
- Comply with any Laws in your residing country, including but not limited to local zoning, permitting, or tax laws. Zoning and use restrictions are in place to protect people, including your guests. You're entrusted by Guests to make sure the Space is up to code, properly licensed, and safe;
- Accurately represent the location, nature, and condition of Spaces. Most Guests will not have seen your Spaces before their arrival, Therefore It is crucial that you give Guests an accurate idea of what to expect, you should always be realistic and honest about your Space.
- Accurately represent the pricing of Spaces & Services. You may not list prices lower than what intended to be charged, Guests should also have a realistic idea of the actual Booking costs and clearly list any services you provide for an additional cost.
- Only offer Spaces that you’re permitted list it. If you do not own the Spaces or have no such required permission to List it, you are NOT permitted to List it on the Platform. If you are renting the Space, you will require to provide Roomly with supporting evidence in relation to the approval from the owner, or other party of interest before you List it.
- Ensure your space sanitary and fit for human habitation.
- You may not offer Spaces to Guests that are not Listed in Roomly platform.
- Use Spaces with respect and as described to Hosts. It is important that you are honest and do not misrepresent the intended use of a Space when Booking. It is up to the Hosts to determine how they want (or do not want) their Spaces used.
- Never store, or possess hazardous material in a Space. This should go without saying but hazardous material can harm people and do permanent damage to the Space, and you could face significant civil liability or criminal action for doing so.
All User must:
- Communicate with other users honestly. People trust Listings, comments about Spaces, and your communication with them. It is important that you are clear and honest when you post. You may not use the Services to deceive or mislead people, post false or inaccurate statements, open multiple Accounts, or misrepresent who you are or your affiliations.
- Transact honestly. Users may only use the Platform to transact as provided for legitimate Bookings. Use of the Platform to conduct payment or other transactions offline, or attempting to transact when you know or believe that the payment or pay-out is invalid, may result in suspension or termination of your Account or Fines.
- Respect information & privacy: You are only allowed to use the Content provided through the Platform as intended. You may not use or misuse Content from the Platform, images, or descriptions outside of the Platform. You may not harvest, scrape, or collect other information about our other users, such as names, phone numbers, physical addresses, email addresses or any other Content that is not publicly displayed in search results pages prior to a Booking confirmation.
- Use the Platform as Intended. The Platform is meant for Hosts to List Space Rental and Guests to Book Spaces. You are not allowed to use the Platform to promote products or services other than your Space. You may not send unwanted messages or spam, promote use of a Roomly competitor, or use the Platform to communicate with users with no intention of Listing or Booking on the Platform.
All User must not:
- Discriminate against other users. Discrimination against any other users based on their race, sex, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected class is illegal and not permitted on the Platform. If we believe that you have refused to transact with another user based on any of these, we may suspend or terminate your account immediately.
- Encourage or endorse illegal or dangerous behaviour. You may not post Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activities, including obscene content or encouraging activity that may lead to other users harm.
- Harm, intimidate, or threaten Users. We’ve built a Platform that we are proud of and that our users trust, and work hard to keep it that way. You are prohibited from doing anything that may harm or intimidate users, or interfere with their use or operation of the Platform. This includes threatening or harassing other users; posting undeserved or disproportionate reviews, or reviews that do not reflect your experience; attempting to extort other users for discounts or favorable reviews; or threatening legal action.
- Harm, intimidate, harass, or threaten Roomly or our brand. Anyone threatening Roomly or our employees will be removed from the Platform and reported to law enforcement. You may not engage in behavior on the Platform or use Roomly marks or logos in a manner that violates the Roomly Services Agreement or harms, dilutes, or misuses our brand.